Campgrounds & RV Parks
Get in touch with nature. If you want to sleep under the stars, in a tent, or in a camper, look no further than Kenosha, Wisconsin. We highly recommend Richard Bong State Recreation Area. There are electric and non-electric campsites. There is also a cabin designed specifically for people with disabilities.
Camping in Wisconsin is a tradition that we embrace here, complete with cooking sausages over an open fire, only to be followed by the most amazing s’mores. You’ll find plenty of activities – including hiking, biking, swimming, golfing (right across the street!), ropes courses, disc golf, and more – at Richard Bong State Recreation Area or in the Kenosha Area to keep your crew entertained for a weekend or an entire weeklong vacation.
Features at Richard Bong State Recreation Area include:
- A 200-foot beach
- Nearly 6.5 miles of ATV trails and nearly 8 miles of off-highway motorcycle trails
- A boat launch (electric motors only)
- Accessible picnic tables in picnic areas
- Playground equipment and volleyball nets
- Picnic shelters and an amphitheater available for reservation
- In the Special Use Zone, visitors may fly model airplanes, rockets, hang gliders, and hot air balloons – and ride their horses on trails
Note: some of these activities require an extra fee, a reservation, or permission.
A stay at Richard Bong State Recreation Area means:
Enjoy the great outdoors in the Kenosha Area:
It is impossible to ignore the natural beauty that awaits bike riders...
Traveling with your pooch? You’ll love our off-leash dog parks!
With three public courses offering pristine conditions in park...
With similar rules to traditional golf played with clubs, disc golf is...
Lake Michigan is one of Kenosha’s most popular attractions!...