Shutterbug Hot Spots
If you’re looking for some iconic places to take a few photos, we have some suggestions!
- At the iconic red North Pier Lighthouse on Simmons Island
- With the on-the-nose "Stop, Lake Michigan Ahead" sign at Hobnob
- With the giant metal dinosaur outside the Dinosaur Discovery Museum
- Anywhere at Mars Cheese Castle - bonus points if photos include a cheesehead hat or a cow
- Next to your favorite mural around town — check out Starry Night at DeBerge’s or the AMC Gremlin near House of Nutrition
- With a giant turkey leg at the Bristol Renaissance Faire
- From the top of the Southport Lighthouse
- At the Welcome to Wisconsin sign at the I-94 Visitor Information Center
- With Abraham Lincoln — you’ll find him at Library Park, the Civil War Museum, and Carthage College
- On a hiking trail at Richard Bong State Recreation Area
- From the top of the snow tubing hill at Wilmot Mountain
- With one of our famous neon signs at Hobnob, The Coffee Pot, Big Star, or The Spot Drive-In
- At one of the many outdoor concerts during the summer
- With your toes in the sand at Simmons Island Beach
- Crossing a scenic bridge at Petrifying Spring Park
- On the track at the historic Washington Park Velodrome
- Holding your catch while out on a Kenosha Charter Boat Association fishing excursion
- With your favorite brew from one of our local breweries or biergartens
- Aboard one of seven historic Electric Streetcars
- By the Hebior Mammoth — a woolly mammoth (excavated right here in Kenosha County) — you’ll find him at the Kenosha Public Museum
- Or any other spot in the Kenosha Area!
As you explore our area, we know you’ll snap a couple shots on your camera or mobile device. Share your photos with the Visit Kenosha team by using our #KenoshaFun hashtag on your favorite social media platform! We love seeing visitors’ photos of fun, so tag away! Find your favorite pics and enter them in our annual Picture Your Kenosha Photo Contest. Each year we select three winners who are awarded bragging rights and a dining experience for two at a local restaurant. We use photo contest photos on our social media accounts, in our visitors guide, and more.