Billed as “The Cheesiest Marathon”, runners come from all over the country – and other countries as well – to race. The inaugural event was held in 2009.
Traditionally, the Wisconsin Marathon is held on the first Saturday of May and features a full marathon, half marathon, or 5k.
The marathon features:
- Incredible views up and down Lake Michigan
- Downtown Kenosha – shop and dine when you arrive in town or before you leave!
- An All Cheese Corral: this is a start area for any registered runner willing to don the dairy that makes Wisconsin famous. Arrive on race morning wearing some kind of cheese-themed apparel.
- Big Cheese Medal at the finish line
- Post Race Party with cheese, a brat, beer, and live music