Things To Do In The Spring and Summer
You Know It’s Spring In Kenosha When …
- Big Star Drive-In re-opens.
- Restaurants start to bring out the patio tables and chairs for outdoor dining.
- You see boats traveling down the roadways on the way to their summer home.
- The year-round farmers' markets move back outdoors.
- The shrink wrap comes off of the Bambino party boat that’s part of the outfield wall at historic Simmons Field, where the Kenosha Kingfish play baseball.
You Know It’s Summer In Kenosha When …
- You always keep the lawn chairs and blankets in your car, ready for a free outdoor concert.
- Classic cars gather often for a cruise-in or car show.
- You dig out your Renaissance costume to have an extra fun time at the Bristol Renaissance Faire.
- You see the Lake Michigan beaches being groomed daily.
- The outdoor grill is fired up at Tenuta’s Delicatessen & Liquors.
While Kenosha is a great destination to visit any time of the year, a visit during the spring and/or summer is special. A number of attractions are open for a limited-time-only – this time of year! The lakefront and parks are full of activity. Outdoor concerts and festivals fill the calendar. Customers hungry for sidewalk or rooftop dining are out enjoying their meal under the open sky.
- As soon as the snow stops flying (or sometimes in between snow showers, as we ARE in Wisconsin), golf courses such as Brighton Dale Links, Petrifying Springs Golf Course, and Washington Park Municipal Golf Course open.
- Explore the area from the treetops at Boundless Adventures, an outdoor aerial adventure park (with axe throwing!) that opens in April each year.
- Many free outdoor concert series take place during the summer including Tuesdays At The Shell, Twilight Jazz, Kenosha Pops, Lincoln Park Live!, Peanut Butter & Jam, Bristol Woodstock, and more.
- Gather your friends for an open-air, pedal-powered, memorable rolling party. Reserve your spot with Lakeshore Pedal Tours.
- Fish for Salmon and Trout with the Kenosha Charter Boat Association.
- The Southport Light Station Museum is open May through October with the 1866 Southport Lighthouse tower to climb and a maritime museum to tour. Learn about nearby shipwrecks!
- Enjoy dirt track car races and other fun events at Wilmot Raceway - May through early September.
- Watch in May for the two year-round Saturday farmers' markets to move outside: Kenosha HarborMarket and Kenosha Public Market.
- The Kenosha Kingfish baseball season starts in late May at historic Simmons Field.
- Get out on the water aboard a stand up paddle board, kayak, or duck-themed pedal boat at the Kenosha Community Sailing Center. Rentals are available through the summer.
- Enjoy a self-guided tour at the beautifully decorated 1860s Durkee Mansion at the lakefront Kemper Center. It's open on select days, April through October and then during the holiday season.
- Bristol Renaissance Faire is open nine weekends each summer and takes its framework from the summer day in 1574 when Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth visited the English city of Bristol.
- Ride a historic, rubber-wheel trolley through Downtown Kenosha and along Lake Michigan. The Lakefront Trolley operates seasonally on the roadways. (Note: the Electric Streetcar operates year-round.)
- Lounge at a beach beside Lake Michigan. Take your pick: there are five beaches in Kenosha! All are free to visit with free parking.
- Bicycle races happen at the oldest operating velodrome in the country – the Washington Park Velodrome. The track opened in 1927. It’s free to watch the races, which occur on Monday and Tuesday evenings in the summer.
- The Wilmot Flea Market operates at the Kenosha County Fairgrounds on Sundays– typically from late April to mid-October.
- Free Aquanut Water Shows take place on Lake Mary – most Saturdays and Wednesday evenings. The season starts the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and goes through the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. This is an award-winning water ski organization!
- This is the time of year to enjoy rooftop seating at: The Crow's Nest on top of The Stella Hotel & Ballroom and Apis Hotel & Restaurant. The Lakeside Deck at Wyndham Garden - Kenosha Harborside is also open with live music, food, and drinks. All three venues are in Downtown Kenosha.
- Hurry to Big Star Drive-In for a double cheeseburger and ice-cold root beer. It closes before Labor Day each year. (Note: The Spot Drive-In is open year-round.)
It is impossible to ignore the natural beauty that awaits bike riders...
Traveling with your pooch? You’ll love our off-leash dog parks!
With three public courses offering pristine conditions in park...
With similar rules to traditional golf played with clubs, disc golf is...
Beaches, Pools & Splash Pads
Lake Michigan is one of Kenosha’s most popular attractions!...