I have a confession to make. I have a sweet tooth. A really big one. And sometimes I will base my lunch or dinner destination and/or order based on what will follow: dessert!!! That’s not to say I won’t mix and match. Get lunch from that place, grab dessert from this place.
Here are 10 of my favorite places to get dessert:
- Lou Perrine's Gas & Groceries – They make Kenosha’s Favorite Sweet Treat - Mama P’s HoHo Cake. The cake comes in various delicious flavors. I usually buy a variety of individual pieces at a time: I pop a few in the freezer to savor in the coming weeks! I was recently gifted an entire sheet cake … woah! Lou Perrine’s is soon opening a second location – on 80th Street – which will include Einstein Bros. Bagels.
- Scoops! Ice Cream & Candy – I had the honor of tasting their first batch of Homemade Scoops Fudge last fall. Wow. Love it!!!
- Sandy’s Popper – Great Popcorn and Ice Cream, but I especially love the Brownies. I am pretty sure they are meant to be paired with the ice cream treats, but I take mine sans ice cream!
- Waterfront Warehouse – The S’more Flatbread. Yummy! All the years of getting unlimited bread, soup, and salad at lunch – I’ve never had room for dessert. And then one day I tried it and wondered why I never had before!
- Bristol 45 Diner – It’s all about the pie case that greets you when you walk through the door. I already know what I’m going to order for my main meal – the Julienne Salad. But what shall it be for dessert? I am 90% sure it will be something chocolate that I choose!
- Tenuta's Delicatessen – Here it’s all about the Cannoli. But you know what my absolute favorite treat is? The Italian Cookies! I had them at a holiday party one year and have been hooked ever since!
- House of Gerhard – I have had the pleasure of celebrating a few birthdays here with delicious desserts and the most excellent hospitality! Their chocolate cake is called Black Forrest Cake and it’s a German tradition with layers of dark chocolate and cherries. Superb!
- Twisted Cuisine – There’s not a dessert here that I haven’t liked yet! I go for – you guessed it – the chocolate ones! Fruit Loop Cheesecake is also a delicious choice. It’s always on the menu; this is great for any adult who secretly loves kids cereals! Like me!
- Mason's Eatery & Pub – Love their Ultimate Cookie, described on the menu as half-baked chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and powdered sugar. But what REALLY caught my attention the first time I ate here is Cotton Candy! I’ve never seen that on a restaurant’s menu before! So I had both.
- Bonus #11: At the seasonal Jerry Smith Produce & Pumpkin Farm, you must have their famous frosted cookies. Making them all the more special … they are only available at select times!
I could go on and on ... what can I say? I’m a connoisseur of desserts! Now you know how to stay on my sweet side. Just keep the desserts coming! And please don’t give me the check without asking first if I want dessert. Because I do.