We all know that when the hardest to pronounce month of the year rolls around it’s time to bust out the red and pink everything because Valentine's Day is here again. Delightful to some and depressing to others, V Day is your chance to profess your love to that special someone with a card, chocolate hearts, or even a cute date. The Kenosha Area offers many traditional and non-traditional date options ranging from romantic rendezvous to gut-busting comedy shows and outdoor adventures. So ditch the chalky, candy hearts and forget Cupid’s arrow because here’s a run down of some top notch date ideas for Valentine’s Day and beyond!
- Nothing says “Be my Valentine” like a night of fine dining at a classic Wisconsin supper club. At House of Gerhard or HobNob enjoy a classic cocktail and nosh on the relish tray as you soak in the ambiance of days gone by.
- Worried your date might be on thin ice? Take a twirl with your sweetie ‘round the downtown outdoor ice skating rink located in Veterans Memorial Park. Admission and skate rental is free. Afterwards, stop in nearby Sandy’s Popper for some hot chocolate to warm up!
- Love can sometimes be messy so I say embrace that and book a session with Hot Mess Studios LLC. There you and your date can create splatter art masterpieces to take home. This is a great way to express your creativity and maybe let out a little pent up frustration. Be sure to ask for a poncho, you won’t regret it!
- Everyone loves to laugh so take your Valentine to Kenosha Comedy Club at the Wyndham Garden - Kenosha Harborside hotel. On most Friday and Saturday nights you’ll find hilarious comedians there to keep you laughing all evening. Before you go, stop for dinner at Villa D’Carlo or Captain Mike’s just across the street for a nice dinner too.
- Sometimes a date can quickly go downhill, but at Wilmot Mountain that’s a good thing! Hit the slopes with that special someone and enjoy an exhilarating Valentine's Day experience. You could even take a lesson together if you’re new to skiing or snowboarding.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, Valentine’s Day is a great reason to get out and make some memories that won’t soon be forgotten. So be sure to paint the town red this February 14th!
Here’s another Valentine’s event: the Valentine's Candlelight Hike takes place on February 11 at Pringle Nature Center at Bristol Woods Park.