Labor Day weekend is seen as the unofficial end of summer – though the calendar says otherwise! If you’re looking for something fun to do over the three-day holiday weekend, here are some ideas:
1. Experience the Bristol Renaissance Faire. Open Saturday, Sunday, and Labor Day Monday - this is the closing weekend.
2. See lots and lots of classic cars on the streets of Downtown Kenosha. The Kenosha Classic Cruise-In is Saturday, September 2.
3. Say Cheese! Eat Cheese! Celebrate Cheese! Cheese-A-Palooza takes place September 2-3.
4. Climb a Lighthouse. The 1866 Southport Lighthouse and its accompanying maritime museum are open Thursday-Sunday. Details>
5. Ride an authentic Electric Streetcar through Downtown Kenosha and along the water.
the scoop on
7. Stroll through the Sculpture Walk - HarborPark along the harbor.
8. Rent a duck-themed pedal boat, kayak, stand up paddle board, or Aquacycle Trike from the Kenosha Community Sailing Center.
9. Be amazed at a water ski show. The final Aquanut Water Show of the season is Saturday, September 2.
11. September 2, go on a Native Prairie Plant Walk at Chiwaukee Prairie State Natural Area.
12. Go back in time at the 1860s Durkee Mansion. Part of Kemper Center, the historic mansion is open for self-guided tours on September 2 and 3.
13. Also go back in time on the Third Avenue Historic District Walking Tour on September 2. Learn about the homes that are in the same neighborhood as Durkee Mansion.
14. Lounge at a beach.
Take your pick
16. Go fishing! We’ve got the lakes if you’ve got a fishing license!
17. Shop at Kenosha Public Market on Saturday. Purchase the ingredients for your cookout!
18. Also shop at Kenosha HarborMarket on Saturday.
19. Book a private pedal bike party with Lakeshore Pedal Tours.
20. Spend a Saturday night at the car races. On September 2, head to Wilmot Raceway, a 3/8-mile clay, semi-banked oval.
21. Enjoy classic cars on display at Petrifying Springs Park. The Southern Wisconsin All Airborne Chapter's 20th Annual Car Show is on Sunday, September 3.
22. Go axe throwing and ziplining at the same place: Boundless Adventures, an outdoor aerial adventure park.
23. Explore Hawthorn Hollow Nature Sanctuary and Arboretum's newest trail system. The 2.5 miles include a boardwalk and a newly restored wetland.
24. Shop for deals at Wilmot Flea Market at the Kenosha County Fairgrounds on Sunday.
25. Head out on your bike. We have more than 130 miles of bike trails in Kenosha County.
Find even more #KenoshaFun events on our Visit Kenosha Events Calendar HERE>
And no matter how you do Labor Day weekend in the Kenosha Area – if you are out and about at attractions, restaurants or events, take lots of photos and submit your favorite ones to our Picture Your Kenosha Photo Contest HERE>