Looking for some good ole relaxation time while in Kenosha? There are countless ways to make memories this summer whether your idea of relaxation is doing next to nothing or to get up and go, Kenosha has your ticket to ride.
To help plan your time here, check out this quick snapshot of Kenosha experiences that will make your heart smile:
- Get started right by taking care of you with a fresh look from Faded Barbershop for Men or a refreshing massage or facial from Moda Bella Salon and Spa. Are you a member of the YMCA? Show your membership card from any Y in the country to use the Kenosha facility or grab a day pass! Use their fitness center, whirlpool and steam room, sauna or take a dip in one of their two indoor pools.
- Stay in style in one of Kenosha’s unique boutique-style hotels. Check out the Apis Hotel, Merry Yacht Inn, The Coffee Pot Inn or The Stella Hotel & Ballroom for a charming place to rest your head. If you’d rather stay outside and enjoy as much of summer as you can, pick a camping spot over at the Richard Bong State Recreation Area and rest under the stars.
- Get your feet wet at one of Kenosha’s five beaches along Lake Michigan, at Anderson Park or Washington Park pool or if you have little travelers with you, they can cool off at the HarborPark Splash Pad. Grab something sweet at Scoops Ice Cream and Candy or at Sandy’s Popper to add that summer signature to your stay.
- Take a walk through time at one of Kenosha’s five museums. Explore The Civil War Museum, discover something new at the Kenosha Public Museum, gaze at dinosaurs at the Dinosaur Discover Museum, learn the history of Kenosha County at the Kenosha History Center or climb high to the Southport Light Station Museum. Go ahead and catch a Kenosha Kingfish home game at historic Simmons Field too while you’re at it! Oh, and don’t forget to hop on the historic Electric Streetcar or Lakefront Trolley while heading through downtown.
- Rent a kayak, stand-up paddle board or a duck-themed pedal boat from the Kenosha Community Sailing Center at the Kenosha Yacht Club. Take a hike at one of Kenosha’s many trails at Brighton Dale Park, Petrifying Springs or Silver Lake Park. Get in some tee time at the Brighton Dale Links, Petrifying Springs Golf Course or at the Washington Park Municipal Golf Course.
- Shop the day away at Kenosha’s food shops, farmer’s markets, bookstores, cheese shops and grab some Kenosha swag to take along with you!
- Day and night, there’s always something on the calendar in Kenosha! Visit Lemon Street Gallery and Artspace or the Sesquicentennial Bandshell at Pennoyer Park to see what the local artists are up to or become an artist yourself at Alpaca Art or Pinot’s Palette. See some live performances at the Kenosha Comedy Club, by the Kenosha Symphony Orchestra and at the Rhode Center for the Arts.
There’s so much to see and do and enjoy while in Kenosha. Pick a couple things or conquer the whole list. No matter what you decide, we hope that you are able to rest, relax and be happy here in Kenosha.