Whether Mother’s Day means celebrating your mom, mother-in-law, grandma, aunt, or another mom-like figure, we have ideas of how to do Mother’s Day in the Kenosha Area!
Dining ideas for May 8, 2022:
- The Stella Hotel & Ballroom and its restaurant The 1844 Table & Mash present a Mother's Day Brunch Buffet. Seating Times are 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m. Reservations can be made by calling (262) 842-2000 or online.
- House of Gerhard will be open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The German American restaurant will be serving its full dinner menu with some specials. You must have a reservation; call (262) 694-5212.
- Moms get a free Mimosa while dining at Franks' Diner on Mother’s Day.
- Sazzy B will be open for Brunch from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Twisted Cuisine will be open for Brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Make your reservation at (262) 564-0220.
- HobNob Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge will be open from noon to 4 p.m. with its normal menu.
- The Red Oak Restaurant offers its normal Brunch.
- Take the whole family for a ride aboard an authentic Electric Streetcar.
- Enjoy a Kenosha Symphony Concert together on May 7.
- Reach new heights together: climb the 1866 Southport Lighthouse tower (open Thursdays through Sundays, May-October) or enjoy the Glow in the Park event on May 7 at Boundless Adventures, an outdoor aerial adventure park. To celebrate Mother's Day weekend, the theme is 80s night.
- Tour the 1860s Durkee Mansion on the Lake Michigan shore on May 7 or 8.
- Visit a local park or nature area. Hawthorn Hollow Nature Sanctuary and Arboretum has a Birds and Plants event on May 7, while Pringle Nature Center holds a Mother's Day Ephemeral Wildflower Hikes Fundraiser on May 7. Go for a bike ride through Richard Bong State Recreation Area.
- Walk, bike, or drive through Kenosha’s four Historic Districts, using our walking tour guides as a reference. Reserve your spot on the new Third Avenue Historic District Walking Tour – presented by the Kenosha History Center – that happens May 7, among other dates.
- Enjoy the Sculpture Walk along the harbor.
- Golf at Brighton Dale Links or Petrifying Springs Golf Course.
- Whether you go during this weekend or another time, plan an outing to a create-your-own art studio like Alpaca Art Pottery Painting, Pinot's Palette, or Hot Mess Studios LLC.
- Mama needs some pampering! Relax at Moda Bella Salon and Spa together.
Ideas of where to shop for gifts:
- For clothing & accessories: Bellissima's Boutique, Bisou Lingerie, Ivory Kenosha, JJ’s Boutique & Studios, Jockey Factory Store, The Lettering Machine
- For treats: Sandy’s Popper, Scoops Ice Cream & Candy
- For those moms with green thumbs: EQUINOX botanical boutique, Jerry Smith's Green Acres (opens April 28 for the season)
- For flowers and gifts – including its own Lilli Soapworks line of products: A Summer's Garden Florist
- More gift options: Blue House Books, Modern Apothecary, Outpour Fairtrade Boutique, Peacetree Originals, RK News Hallmark, To & From Gift Shop
- Art galleries and museum gift shops also have great gifts!