Kenosha Public Library-Simmons

Simmons Library in Library Park

Simmons Library was the first permanent location of the Kenosha Public Library. It was donated by industrialist Zalmon Simmons to honor his son, Gilbert M. Simmons. Architect Daniel J. Burnham, the leader of design for the World's Columbian Exposition of Chicago in 1893, designed the 9,045-square-foot, neoclassical revival building. The Simmons Library opened on Memorial Day, 1900. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.

On the second Saturday of the month, during Downtown Kenosha's Second Saturday activities, take a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of the Simmons Library at 2:30 p.m. Peek behind the scenes of our local historic treasure, including the coal room and the medical room. The tour will involve stairs and spiral staircases. Everyone welcome. 

This is one of four Kenosha Public Library locations.

Nearby Things

dining icon
Things to do
Things To Do
PUBLIC Craft Brewing Co.

Kenosha 0.19 miles

Franks Diner

Kenosha 0.23 miles

Mike's Chicken & Donut Bar

Kenosha 0.28 miles

Sazzy B

Kenosha 0.28 miles

The Buzz Café

Kenosha 0.29 miles

Kaiser's Pizza & Pub

Kenosha 0.29 miles

Wine Knot Bar & Bistro

Kenosha 0.3 miles