Four-year liberal arts university granting bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Parkside is part of the University of Wisconsin System. Modern 700-acre campus features world-class theatre, music and art presented in the Rita Tallent Picken Regional Center for Arts and Humanities and the Frances Bedford Concert Hall. Enjoy the disc golf course!
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is one of 13 four-year campuses in the University of Wisconsin System. Founded in 1968 to better serve the needs of a growing population in southeastern Wisconsin and northeastern Illinois, UW-Parkside offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs and serves as an academic and cultural resource.
Located at Hwy. E & 30th Ave.
University of Wisconsin-Parkside
900 Wood Road, (Hwy. E & 30th Avenue), Kenosha
Meeting Rooms: 4
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is located on 750 acres of rolling woodlands and natural prairies and bounded by another 250 acres of county park, including an 18-hole watered fairway public golf course. On the campus there is an 18-hole professional disk golf course. The perfect location for your banquet, reception, meeting, camp, conference or workshop. UWP offers approximately 65 individual classrooms, lecture halls, meeting rooms and auditoriums. Two commercial style theaters comfortably seat 400 and 685. Also, over 1,200 running feet of brick paved concourse are suitable for exhibit booths or displays. Our buildings are interconnected, protecting visitors from outdoor elements year-round. Food service is available for full line catering from simple box lunches to white linen served banquets. Also, an expansive Sports & Activity Center is an ideal site to host expositions, conventions, trade shows and job fairs.
Total Meeting Space: 13,400 sq. ft.
Loading Dock Available
Number of Parking Spaces: 1,600
Room - Sq. Footage
Main Dining Room - 5,625
Union Square - 5,625
Rooms 104 + 106 - 1,440
Rooms 104, 106, 207 - 720
The UW-Parkside has the facilities and staff to make any event a success. The Sports & Activity Center includes the Frank J. Petretti Fieldhouse and De Simone Gymnasium. The Wayne D. Dannehl Cross Country Course is known as one of the best in the United States.
Major Events Hosted
- NCAA Division II Cross Country Championships
- NAIA Cross Country Championships
- Foot Locker Cross Country Championships Midwest Regional
- NCAA Division II Wrestling Championships
- NCAA Division I Fencing Championships
- Nike Softball Camps
- AAU Basketball Tournaments
- ATA (taekwondo) Regional Competitions
- Camp Kenosha: summer training site for Northwestern Wildcats Football
Sport No. of Surfaces
- Track & Field: 1 200-meter Indoor/ 1 400-meter Outdoor
- Basketball: 6 Courts
- Volleyball: 9 Courts
- Tennis: 4 Indoor
- Soccer: 7 Fields
- Baseball: 1 Field
- Softball: 2 Fields
- Disc Golf : 1 18-hole Course
- Swimming: 1 25-yard Multi-Lane
De Simone Gymnasium
- 3 basketball/volleyball courts
- 25-yard multi-lane swimming pool
- Seating capacity of 2,200
- Brand new Strength & Conditioning Center
- Wellness Center
- Weight room
- Locker rooms
Frank J. Petretti Field House
- 70,000 square feet
- 200-meter indoor track
- 3 basketball courts
- 6 volleyball courts
- 4 tennis courts
- Locker rooms
Wayne D. Dannehl Cross Country Course
- Over 100,000 athletes have raced the course
- A challenging and undulating route without sharp turns or narrow paths
- Spectators can watch runners pass at 4 or 5 locations
- Self-contained on a college campus, exclusively used for cross country
- The only “pure” cross country course in the nation
- 8 courses, ranging from 4-12K
- Each course has a permanent finish area
Wood Road Soccer Complex
- Championship Field - 120 x 80 yards
- 6 other regulation fields
- Locker room facility
- Sheltered team benches
- Elevated Press Box
- Raised Bleacher Seating for 1,000 spectators
- Electronic Scoreboard
In addition, state-for-the-art wellness center and brand-new strength and conditioning center. Also, the Case Softball Complex features two diamonds and the “Red” Oberbruner baseball diamond has stadium-style seating.
The timeless Dickens classic tells the tale of miserly, old Ebenezer Scrooge and his transformational journey as three ghostly visitors lead him on a trip through Christmases past, present and yet to come.
The faded beauty of a Southern plantation collides with the harsh realities of a New Orleans tenement when Blanch DuBois comes to live with her sister Stella and husband Stanley.
A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum takes comedy back to its roots by combining situations from time-tested, 2000 year-old comedies by the Roman playwright Plautus, with the infectious energy of the golden age of musicals.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside celebrates summer with its annual Arts and Crafts Festival. The campus becomes a colorful marketplace with approximately 200 artisans offering unique handmade pieces.
Mark your 2017 calendar, program your GPS and start forming your team(s) for perhaps the Best Ultra Relay Event in the Midwest. The Hil100+py Relay is held at the Wayne E. Dannehl National Cross Country Course on the campus of UW-Parkside.
The Hot Hilly Hairy Ultra Events are back and calling out to your Inner Ultra SELF! Mark your calendar and start your training. You will be running on the Wayne E. Dannehl National Cross Country Course on the campus of UW-Parkside.