Wisconsin’s place for winter fun: downhill skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, family fun, entertainment and more! As long as temperatures are consistently low enough, Wilmot Mountain makes its own snow. Before visiting, please see listed website for current conditions.
Looking for a new place to make your event or meeting exciting? Book your event at Wilmot Mountain! We offer the perfect space for: 5K runs, weddings, receptions, fitness classes/clinics, book signings, art shows, conventions, meetings, and much more! Wilmot Mountain offers indoor and outdoor facilities to help make your event unique and special! Event space available Mid-April to October 31st.
Since 1938, Wilmot Mountain has enchanted families as one of the Midwest’s premier Winter destinations for snowsport activities. Just a short drive away from Chicago and Milwaukee, they have made skiing, snowboarding, and tubing an easy, accessible, affordable and fun trip for the whole family.
With nearly 120 skiable acres, 23 trails, 7 lifts, 2 magic carpets and progression terrain parks with a double high speed rope tow, there is enough terrain to challenge experts to beginners, day or night. For those who are not up to skiing or snowboarding, there is always a fun day waiting just down the road at the tubing area with 22 lanes and 2 magic carpets to take you back to the top.
Having converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders, and now with the opportunity to take that passion to Vail Resorts’ iconic western mountains, Wilmot Mountain is truly the place where Epic begins.
Skiing & Snowboarding: Whether you are cruising the greens or mastering the black diamonds, Wilmot Mountain has what you are looking for in a beginner or advanced run. For added variety, check out the newly renovated terrain parks! Grind the rails, hit the jumps, and do it over and over using our high speed tow rope. Our terrain parks supply the most progressive jumps, rails, and jib features, delighting passionate freestyle skiers and riders seeking an opportunity to push the envelope. Looking for even more excitement? Go make your way through the mogul field, encountering many different lines and challenges along the way.
Children’s Ski & Snowboard School: Our Children's Ski and Snowboard School welcomes children ages 3-Teen with programs for all ability levels; each separated appropriately by skill and age group. Our dedicated Children's Learning Center offers group lessons, full day, and multi-week programs to suit your family's needs.
Snow Tubing: Snow Tubing has quickly become one of the fastest growing Winter activities and it is easy to see why. It's simple and fun! No need for a lesson, because all you have to do is grab a tube, have a seat, and let gravity be your friend. No need to bring along any equipment, because we provide the tube. Snow Tubing is great for school groups, work outings, friends, and family. Make sure you dress for the cold weather and high wind speeds since you will be racing down the hill watching snow fly by.”
Free Wi-Fi is available at Wilmot Mountain.
12/8/16 Update: Wilmot Mountain, a long-time favorite Midwest ski destination, announced today its opening date of Wednesday, December 14, 2016. In addition to welcoming guests back to the ski slopes, Wilmot Mountain will unveil more than $13 million worth of improvements by new owner Vail Resorts this season. Located in Wisconsin just 45 miles north of Chicago, Wilmot Mountain’s 2016 re-opening debuts a modernized ski and snowboard experience, offering the most significant single influx of capital improvements since opening 79 years ago.
“We couldn’t be happier to open our slopes to guests on Wednesday as we continue to put the finishing touches on the improvement projects in the days to come,” said Taylor Ogilvie, general manager at Wilmot Mountain. “The re-imagining of the mountain has been a passion project for the whole team. Bringing the Vail Resorts brand and elevated level of resort experience to this area allows us to showcase the best of snow sports in such a beloved destination.”
Vail Resorts improvements at Wilmot Mountain encompass every aspect of the guest experience, from the terrain and lifts, to base area facilities and snowmaking technology:
- New Lifts. Three new four-person chairlifts, a new high-speed rope tow in the terrain park, and two new surface conveyor lifts in the beginner area have been added. These additions have increased uphill capacity by up to 45 percent, allowing skiers and snowboarders more time on the slopes.
- Base Area Transformation. The entire base lodge has been transformed and modernized along with an upgrade to the mountain dining offerings to accommodate more guests. In addition, the facility added 400 seats – which more than doubles room for families, groups and adults. In addition, guests will enjoy signature cocktails at the new bar as well as Wi-Fi throughout the space. The Iron Kettle restaurant has been completely redesigned, and re-named Walt’s Tavern after the founder of Wilmot Mountain, Walter Stopa, and includes a new lounge where parents can watch their children ski and snowboard and enjoy a full-service bar and food service in an energized, comfortable setting.
- Expanded State-of-the-Art Snowmaking. Significant improvements to the snowmaking infrastructure have increased the snowmaking capacity and allow Wilmot Mountain to open this season with substantial terrain and offer better snow surface conditions throughout the season. More than four miles of new snowmaking pipe and 56 new snowmaking guns have been added.
- New Kids’ Ski and Snowboard School and Enhanced Beginner Area. The learning terrain has been completely re-graded to be more accessible for beginners, including two new surface conveyor lifts. A dedicated and state-of-the-art children’s ski and snowboard center has been built adjacent to the learning terrain at the base of the ski area, featuring a playful open space for kids along with their own lunch and break rooms.
- New Terrain Park and High-Speed Rope Tow. A newly expanded terrain park offers unique and innovative features designed and created by terrain park staff at Vail Resorts’ western resorts. The addition of a new high-speed rope tow enables skiers and snowboarders to spend more time in the terrain park.
About Wilmot Mountain: For nearly 80 years, Wilmot Mountain has offered its guests one of the Midwest’s premier destinations for snow sport activities. Situated in Kenosha County, Wisconsin, Wilmot Mountain is conveniently located between Chicago and Milwaukee, affording skiers and snowboarders quick and easy access to 23 trails, seven lifts, two surface conveyor lifts and progression terrain parks with a double, high-speed rope tow. Wilmot Mountain’s recent capital investment of more than $13 million for the 2016-2017 winter season delivered an entirely re-imagined guest experience – from new lifts and restaurants to significant snowmaking improvements, a dedicated children’s ski and snowboard school, enhanced beginner area and expanded terrain park. The ski area’s focus on families, learning and fun, combined with the opportunity for guests to take their passion and skills to Vail Resorts’ iconic western resorts, ensure Wilmot Mountain is truly the place Where Epic Begins. For more information, please visit www.wilmotmountain.com.
About Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN): Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading global mountain resort operator. The Company’s subsidiaries operate nine world-class mountain resorts and three urban ski areas, including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Park City in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada; Perisher in Australia; Afton Alps in Minnesota, Mt. Brighton in Michigan and Wilmot Mountain in Wisconsin. The Company owns and/or manages a collection of casually elegant hotels under the RockResorts brand, as well as the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning and development subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.
The coolest kids’ race on the planet, the Kids Adventure Games presented by Toyota, will create an epic, adventure-packed weekend of racing Aug. 4-6 at Wilmot Mountain. Considered to be the country’s premier adventure race designed just for kids, the Kids Adventure Games (Kids A.G.) will invite families to unplug from technology for a fun-filled weekend, where teams of two kids each will navigate an adventure course like no other. The course will include biking, trekking, rope swings, mud pits, cargo nets, a giant Slip ‘N Slide, zip lines and other exciting obstacles. During the event, competitors will strengthen physical and emotional bonds through a series of challenges centered on building grit and resilience on the natural terrain of the resort.
The Chicago / Milwaukee event takes place at Wilmot Mountain.