*** Wilmot is now EPIC! 2016-2017 Season Passes Now Available! Many options are available including the Epic Local Pass or the Epic Pass. ***
Wisconsin’s place for winter fun: downhill skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, family fun, entertainment and more!
As long as temperatures are consistently low enough, Wilmot Mountain makes its own snow. Before visiting, please see listed website for current conditions.
Since 1938, Wilmot Mountain has enchanted families as one of the Midwest’s premier Winter destinations for snowsport activities. Just a short drive away from Chicago and Milwaukee, they have made skiing, snowboarding, and tubing an easy, accessible, affordable and fun trip for the whole family.
With nearly 120 skiable acres, 23 trails, 7 lifts, 2 magic carpets and progression terrain parks with a double high speed rope tow, there is enough terrain to challenge experts to beginners, day or night. For those who are not up to skiing or snowboarding, there is always a fun day waiting just down the road at the tubing area with 22 lanes and 2 magic carpets to take you back to the top.
Having converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders, and now with the opportunity to take that passion to Vail Resorts’ iconic western mountains, Wilmot Mountain is truly the place where Epic begins.
Skiing & Snowboarding: Whether you are cruising the greens or mastering the black diamonds, Wilmot Mountain has what you are looking for in a beginner or advanced run. For added variety, check out the newly renovated terrain parks! Grind the rails, hit the jumps, and do it over and over using our high speed tow rope. Our terrain parks supply the most progressive jumps, rails, and jib features, delighting passionate freestyle skiers and riders seeking an opportunity to push the envelope. Looking for even more excitement? Go make your way through the mogul field, encountering many different lines and challenges along the way.
Children’s Ski & Snowboard School: Our Children's Ski and Snowboard School welcomes children ages 3-Teen with programs for all ability levels; each separated appropriately by skill and age group. Our dedicated Children's Learning Center offers group lessons, full day, and multi-week programs to suit your family's needs.
Snow Tubing: Snow Tubing has quickly become one of the fastest growing Winter activities and it is easy to see why. It's simple and fun! No need for a lesson, because all you have to do is grab a tube, have a seat, and let gravity be your friend. No need to bring along any equipment, because we provide the tube. Snow Tubing is great for school groups, work outings, friends, and family. Make sure you dress for the cold weather and high wind speeds since you will be racing down the hill watching snow fly by.”
Free Wi-Fi is available at Wilmot Mountain.
8/24/16 Update: This winter, when chairlifts begin to turn at Wilmot Mountain, skiers and snowboarders will be able to enjoy the $13 million worth of improvements made this summer by new owner Vail Resorts. Marking the most significant one-time influx of capital improvements in Wilmot Mountain’s 79-year history, Vail Resorts is ensuring that the entire guest experience is re-imagined for the upcoming season, from new lifts and restaurants to expanded snowmaking and an enhanced beginner area and terrain park.
Vail Resorts has been busy this summer with $13 million in capital improvements at Wilmot Mountain that will encompass every aspect of the guest experience, from the terrain and lifts, to base area facilities and snowmaking technology. The improvements currently underway to upgrade and modernize Wilmot Mountain include:
- New Lifts. Three new four-person chairlifts are currently replacing existing lifts. Towers and chairs have arrived from Colorado and all tower and terminal footings have been poured. The towers are currently being erected and terminal steel is arriving at the resort daily. These three new chairs, combined with a new high-speed rope tow in the terrain park and two new surface conveyor lifts in the beginner area, will increase uphill capacity by up to 45 percent, allowing skiers and snowboarders more time on the slopes.
- Base Area Transformation. The entire base lodge is being transformed, including the addition of 400 seats and upgrading the mountain dining offerings to accommodate more guests. In addition, the facility will be modernized to offer seating for families, groups and adults, including a new bar and Wi-Fi throughout the facility. The Iron Kettle restaurant will be completely redesigned and will include a new lounge where parents will be able to watch their children ski and snowboard and enjoy a full-service bar and food service in an energized, yet comfortable, setting.
- Expanded State-of-the-Art Snowmaking. Significant improvements to the snowmaking infrastructure also are underway to increase the snowmaking capacity and allow Wilmot to open more terrain earlier in the season and offer better snow surface conditions all season long. More than four miles of new snowmaking pipe and 56 new snowmaking guns have been ordered, including 30 low-energy fan tower guns, six portable fan guns and 20 air-water guns which will complement the refurbishment of existing snowmaking equipment. Additionally, the snowmaking pump station will be modernized to increase water flow capacity, including a 500 horse-power variable frequency pump. To date, 75 percent of the snowmaking pipe has been installed and the new snowmaking guns have arrived, with the tower guns currently going up.
- New Kids’ Ski and Snowboard School and Enhanced Beginner Area. The learning terrain has been completely re-graded to be more accessible for teaching beginners and two new surface conveyor lifts will be arriving shortly for installation. Construction is also progressing on a dedicated and state-of-the-art children’s ski and snowboard center adjacent to the learning terrain at the base of the ski area, featuring a playful open space for kids along with their own lunch and break room.
- New Terrain Park and High-Speed Rope Tow. A new expanded terrain park will offer unique and innovative features designed and created by terrain park staff at Vail Resorts’ western resorts, as well as the addition of a new high-speed rope tow to enable skiers and snowboarders to spend more time in the terrain park. All grading of the terrain park is complete and the tow rope will be arriving at Wilmot for installation soon.
Contact Wilmot Mountain about 2016-2017 Season Pass Options.
On January 19, 2016, Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) announced that it has acquired Wilmot Mountain, expanding its collection of premier urban ski areas in the Midwest. Read the complete news release here.
Ring in the New Year at Wilmot Mountain’s family-friendly event with food, music & fireworks. Come early to ski, snowboard and tube.