Located at Hwy. 165 and Hwy. H. Prairie Springs Park includes Lake Andrea, RecPlex, and Froggy's Landing. The park features a 2.3-mile paved walking and jogging trail, nature trails, playgrounds, volleyball pits, softball fields, archery ranges, swimming, windsurfing, fishing, sailing and boating. At Froggy's Landing during the summer, rent pedal boats, canoes, or kayaks. Indoor and outdoor spaces in the park are also available for rent to host parties, meetings and more. This is a Village of Pleasant Prairie park.
The beach is open from early June through Labor Day.
Lake Andrea and Prairie Springs park offers…
- Lake Andrea: fishing, swimming (lifeguards on duty in summer), wind surfing, sailing, boating
- Boat landing (no gas powered boats allowed; electric trolling motors only). See listed website for details.
- Froggy's Landing Boat Rental (seasonal): the Boat Rental Launch is located at Lake Andrea Beach. Rent otter kayaks, double otter kayaks, ocean kayaks, canoes, stand up paddle boards, and pedal boats.
- A Dog Swim Area is located on the north side of the lake, just east of the boat launch
- 2.3 mile asphalt walking/jogging trail
- Children's tot lot playgrounds (two)
- Archery Range (free with RecPlex membership or seasonal park pass, daily fee must be paid at the RecPlex for non-pass holders)
- Nature trails
- The Prairie Farms Trail, which was created with a dual purpose. It serves as both a recreational (running, biking, walking) trail and a utility maintenance trail for a sewer relief line. The trail leads from Prairie Springs Park to Wilmot Road (County Highway C). During 2013, a culvert was installed at the north end of the trail in order to complete the connection. The path was built with recycled millings from 2011 roadwork in LakeView Corporate Park.
- Sand volleyball pits
- Restrooms at the Ball field Pavilion and the Wruck Pavilion (only open during summer season)
Go to the listed website for fees.
Prairie Springs Park offers Kenosha County's first park and ride lot (opened in Fall 2014). It's located in the southeast corner of the park and was made possible through cooperative efforts with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Kenosha County and the Village of Pleasant Prairie. The lot will accommodate approximately 387 vehicles and is intended to promote and support carpooling opportunities.
This fun and exciting race is just for kids! Broken into two divisions by age, this race is a great way to introduce kids to the benefits of multi-sport participation.
The Pleasant Prairie Triathlon offers Sprint and International Divisions, a Sprint Division Duathlon, and Sprint and International Division Relays for teams of two or three.
The 2017 USA Paratriathlon National Championships will take place June 25 in Pleasant Prairie, in conjunction with the Pleasant Prairie Triathlon.
National titles will be up for grabs in six sport classes (revised for 2017), and athletes will compete in a 750-meter swim, 20-kilometer bike, 5-kilometer run course at Prairie Springs Park and Lake Andrea.
In addition to chasing national titles, athletes may also qualify for the USA Paratriathlon Development Team Program, designed to identify and develop athletic potential leading toward the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.
Iron Girl invites women of all ages to join us for the 2017 Iron Girl Pleasant Prairie Women’s Triathlon. This triathlon offers a sprint distance triathlon or duathlon and two- and three-person relays. The event is open to women ages 13 and older.
This fun and exciting race is just for kids, ages seven through fourteen! Broken into two divisions by age, this race is a great way to introduce kids to the benefits of multi-sport participation.
Help support athletes of ALL ABILITIES. Proceeds help support special needs programs at the RecPlex.
Dress up in your favorite costume and join us for our fall family costume fun run through the wooded trails of Prairie Springs Park.
On November 5, Pleasant Prairie will host a Veterans Day Ceremony to pay special tribute to America’s service men and women. The ceremony will be at the Veterans Memorial on the southeast side of Prairie Springs Park.
Join us for our fall 5K race through the trails of Prairie Springs Park.
Visit Santa for breakfast in the Wruck Beach Pavilion.