Located at Hwy. 165 and Hwy. H. Prairie Springs Park includes Lake Andrea, RecPlex, and Froggy's Landing. The park features a 2.3-mile paved walking and jogging trail, nature trails, playgrounds, volleyball pits, softball fields, archery ranges, swimming, windsurfing, fishing, sailing and boating. At Froggy's Landing during the summer, rent pedal boats, canoes, or kayaks. Indoor and outdoor spaces in the park are also available for rent to host parties, meetings and more. This is a Village of Pleasant Prairie park.
Lake Andrea Beach will open for the season on Saturday, June 4, 2016. Daily and seasonal park passes are sold at the entrance to the beach and at RecPlex. The season runs through Labor Day.
Lake Andrea and Prairie Springs park offers…
- Lake Andrea: fishing, swimming (lifeguards on duty in summer), wind surfing, sailing, boating
- Boat landing (no gas powered boats allowed; electric trolling motors only). See listed website for details.
- Froggy's Landing Boat Rental (seasonal): the Boat Rental Launch is located at Lake Andrea Beach. Rent otter kayaks, double otter kayaks, ocean kayaks, canoes, stand up paddle boards, and pedal boats.
- A Dog Swim Area is located on the north side of the lake, just east of the boat launch
- 2.3 mile asphalt walking/jogging trail
- Children's tot lot playgrounds (two)
- Archery Range (free with RecPlex membership or seasonal park pass, daily fee must be paid at the RecPlex for non-pass holders)
- Nature trails
- The Prairie Farms Trail, which was created with a dual purpose. It serves as both a recreational (running, biking, walking) trail and a utility maintenance trail for a sewer relief line. The trail leads from Prairie Springs Park to Wilmot Road (County Highway C). During 2013, a culvert was installed at the north end of the trail in order to complete the connection. The path was built with recycled millings from 2011 roadwork in LakeView Corporate Park.
- Sand volleyball pits
- Restrooms at the Ball field Pavilion and the Wruck Pavilion (only open during summer season)
Go to the listed website for fees.
Prairie Springs Park offers Kenosha County's first park and ride lot (opened in Fall 2014). It's located in the southeast corner of the park and was made possible through cooperative efforts with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Kenosha County and the Village of Pleasant Prairie. The lot will accommodate approximately 387 vehicles and is intended to promote and support carpooling opportunities.
The Discovery Walk, Roll & Run 5K promotes activity and exercise for ALL athletes, regardless of ability. The event’s goals are to raise awareness of the ABILITY of special needs athletes and to raise funds for the Therapeutic Recreation Program.
Dress up in your favorite costume and participate in this fall family costume fun run through the wooded trails of Prairie Springs Park.
Pleasant Prairie will host a Veterans Day Ceremony to pay special tribute to America’s service men and women. The ceremony will be held at the Veterans Memorial on the southeast side of Prairie Springs Park.
Participate in a fall 5K race through the trails of Prairie Springs Park.
Visit Santa for breakfast! Registered guests will enjoy a buffet of sausage, pancakes, donuts, juice, coffee or milk. Take your goody bag home.